Sunday, August 15, 2010

Inkadinkado 'Standing Seagull' - birthday card for my BIL


Hi and thanks for stopping by :-)

It was my BIL's birthday late last week and this is the card I made for him - now that he has the card, I can post it here. 

I stamped the image onto Watercolour paper and watercoloured it with Acrylic paints.  The teal blue frame was popped up on 1mm mounts (dimensionals) over the image then I added the brads so it kind-of-looks like a porthole.

The sentiment was diecut with one my Spellbinders Tags Trio dies - I lightly inked around the sentiment with Creamy Brown chalk ink - then popped it up on 1mm mounts.

I am popping this card into the Splitcoaststampers "Way to use it" Challenge WT281 of 'Wonderful Woodgrain'.  The Challenge gave me the perfect excuse to use my Distressed Stripes embossing folder (which I have hardly used) for the brown cardstock base and seemed to be the obvious choice to match my image.  I lightly sanded the cardstock to highlight the embossing.  

I am also entering this card into the Simon Says Challenge of "There ain't no cure for the Summertime blues" where your summery creation has to have some blue in it - I have used one of my fav colours: Teal Blue.  And of course, what could be more summery than a seagull!

Thanks again for visiting - hope to see you again very soon!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Inkadinkado 'Standing Seagull' 99205-DD, Sentiment from: Penny Black 'Critter Party' clear stamp set

Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Colorbox Chalk: Prussian Blue and Creamy Brown

Designer paper:  Kaisercraft Reminiscing P203 Hold Dear

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Distressed Stripes embossing folder, Spellbinder Large and Small Oval Nestabilities + Labels Trio S3-147, 140lb Watercolour paper, JoSonya acrylic paints, paintbrushes, mounts (dimensionals), EK Success Open Scallop border punch, grosgrain ribbon 15mm-9/16" wide, Fray Stop (for the cut ribbon edges), 10 x brads (Printblocks), sandpaper, Cardstock: Provincial beige, teal blue

No comments:

Post a Comment