Sunday, November 14, 2010

Unity A Beautiful Sight - A Winter Wonderland



I made this clean and simple DT Christmas card with a new Unity stamp called 'A Beautiful Sight' that Fat Cat's Card Corner sent to me this week. The words behind the tree are from the Christmas song: Winter Wonderland - which is one of my favourite Christmas songs. I know it's Summer here at Christmas, but I still love all things "snowy" for my Christmas cards. And I especially LOVE white and gold Christmas cards - they just seem to speak "elegant" which I hope is what I achieved with my card. It is very, very difficult to take good photographs of gold on a card - I tried outside in the sun, but the gold looked all dark and miserable or reflected so much sunlight, the white background all but disappeared, so did a compromise and photographed it in my home with reflected sunlight from my kitchen window but with the overhead kitchen downlights on to show up some sparkle. Not easy - but I hope you get the idea of what it really looks like - and it is much nicer IRL!

The snowflakes embossing is one of the folders from the Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set (there are 6 folders in the set). I stamped the tree with gold pigment ink and heat-embossed it with gold embossing powder, then diecut the panel with my Deckled Rectangle Nesties and popped the panel up on 1mm mounts (dimensionals).








No comments:

Post a Comment