Thursday, November 4, 2010

Countdown To Christmas


Welcome Friends!
Welcome November 4th!
Today is...
"COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS"!
The MAGIC of CHRISTMAS lives strong in the heart of a child.
Advent Calendar's keep the ANTICIPATION of CHRISTMAS DAY FUN and ALIVE!
I'm excited to say, I finally made a Advent Calendar with 24 pockets!
(I wish I had made one 10 years ago!)
My last one can enjoy it!

I couldn't resist more chocolate and candy canes!
I'm going to hang my Advent Calendar in my Dining Room!
Start with Day One on December 1st....
Take one ornament and candy cane out of the pocket each day and place on the
Christmas Tree!


I found my little "Winter Girl "at Tai Pan Trading in Sandy, Utah!
I thought they were perfect for a Advent Calendar,
and she reminds me of my baby girl!

Put Christmas Activities or suggestions of something fun to do each day
 in the pockets!
I like the idea of putting a daily scripture in each pocket.
There are so many FUN ideas!
I made my Advent Calendar with three hooks that
slip easily over shelf hooks.
There are so many FUN ways to
 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS!
We've also used CHRISTMAS socks!
You can read more about it HERE.
Once Upon A time...
For Grandparent Gifts, I made 24 small Christmas Stockings,
we hung them on a rope with clothespins and numbered each stocking with 24 tags.
I had my kids fill the stockings with candy and gifts, along with favorite memories and
what they LOVED about their Grandparents!
It was fun for my kids as well as their Grandparents!
The JOY of giving is so much better then receiving!

I have a new idea to share with the same gift giving concept as
the Grandparent stockings.

I will share it soon!
.
Inspiration...
Countdown to Christmas Santa Hats
 and  "JOY" Banner
(From Better Homes and Garden)
By the way....
I wish I could say my HOME was completely decorated for Christmas!
I must say it feels good to start EARLY!
Thank you for your sweet comments!

Have a JOYFUL day!

TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS...

On The 4th day of Christmas,
 we bring Christmas Treats for you!
20 Candy Canes for
Counting Down To CHRISTMAS
from guess who??????

Enjoy!
Come back and visit soon!
Eight more delightful days to go!
Tis The Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment